The Storks of Böbs

The Storks of Böbs
A Very Fine Pair

Berlin Monday and Kadewe

I went straight to Monday as Sunday was a family day we went out for a meal, very nice and well worth the money, Janice had an entrecote, Isolde ostrich and I had lamb filets, all asked for rare and all got ir served rare, not always the case. Meal for 3 including drinks and tip €45,-.

Janice and I went home, picked up a dvd on the way home popped into the locaöl sushi bar and picked up a wopping tray of mixed sushi and went home to watch one of the most diabolical films I have seen in a long time Arthur!

Monday

I had business to do, was finished before 11 so decided to pop into Kadewe for a spot of breakfast. What I had forgotten was that the main eateries on the 6th floor didn't open until 12 noon.

So I had a stroll around the stalls and was able to have a good look without the normal crush, of tourists (which I suppose I am now)

they had just started loading up the oysters on my favourite stall

The Zander, Carp and Pike

The monkfish, you can see why it is also called the angler fish


skate wings, parrot fish and some other exotics

Passing the tea stand with its 100s of different sorts

rabbits, ducks, Bresse chickens etc


T-bone, Entrecote and Feather steak

Bison, Roe and game goulash
  But I had come here for breakfast so I wandered to one of the stands:




some nice lobsters to take away, no I have had these many times before


 


What about a bit of the old black gold or a nice slice of fois gras?

 No I decided on a couple of legs of King crab



And all I can say it was fantastic, I will not tell you the price as it makes even me go red in the face.


Just to finish of you may have fancied a bottle of Brandy!



Or even a bottle of Macallam!!!



Or if you are really feeling flush a bottle of Johnnie Walker, I made a quick get away just in case I felt tempted.

I left my wonderland a little poorer but a great deal happier.



No comments:

Post a Comment