The Storks of Böbs

The Storks of Böbs
A Very Fine Pair

Pork ribs and a sticky sauce

We where having a discussion on the wildfood board about rib and belly bbq sauces, my dear friend Carol posted what looked like a great one, this I was going to do but I got carried away and made too much, so Carols will have to wait for the weekend when I shall be doing pork belly!

The process I used was the pre-cooking one. I simmered dickerippe in a spicy stock for 3 hours and then let them cool in it over night.

I bought a 820g piece of Dickerippe (in Germany this is what is often used in a wonderful winter dish along with Sauerkraut)



This I cut into rib sections: I added this to the stock below which consisted of:


Dried thyme (I had left some fresh thyme to dry so used 3 sprigs of that)

1 teaspoon of oregano

1 dessert spoon Chimi-churri

2 teaspoons of marigold stock

3 small dried chillies (birds eye)

1 crushed garlic clove

1 red onion (that all I had) studded wit a couple of cloves and a bay leaf

1 teaspoon of cumin seeds

2cm piece of cinnamon

Enough water to cover the ribs



Brought the lot to the boil, and lowered the heat so that the surface was just moving. After 3 hours turned off the heat, put the lid on and left to cool over night in the broth.

Next Day

I removed from the broth and dried the ribs.


some of the ingredients
 I made the BBQ sauce, this consisted of;

Light brown sugar

Honey

Chilli sauce

Ketjap Kental

Smoked Paprika powder

Powdered Ginger

5 spice powder

Powdered ginger

White wine vinegar

Dried coriander



The rest

Boiled this all together until it bubbles,




















Now pour it over the ribs in a suitable container (I used one of those foil grill thingy me bobs) now onto the red hot bbq (I have a double use one, BBQ & Smoker. but I prefer the lidded type in any case).













Boy was that finger licking good!!!! and all washed down with and ice cold Portuguese Weiss Herbst, now that's living.



So watch this space as I am making Carols belly this weekend, hee, hee, hee

No comments:

Post a Comment