The Storks of Böbs

The Storks of Böbs
A Very Fine Pair

A bit of a BBQ and a bean and potato salad!

I had bought a couple of large Entecôtes and 2 lamb leg steaks. I put them in marinades on Sunday morning, whilst waiting fot the bread to bake and the trout to smoke.
The Lamb was marinated in  lemon juice, mint, rosemary olive oil. The entrecôte in a mixed BBQ rub with plenty of garlic (have been sleeping with the windows open and wasn't happy not being vapire protected).

I put this in a sealed box (phew did it need it) in the fridge and left it to rewst whilst I went shooting clays and then a couple of pints at my local. when I got in it was over 35°C  and so a quick strip off under the shower, into T-shirt, shorts and flip flops. removed the residue of the beeh sawdust from the smoking, loaded it up with fresh charcoal and using my gas blow lamp flashed up the coals.
Mean time I had shelled the broad beans, I put these into boiling salted water with a bouqette garni  (fresh from my balcony) and a crushed clove of garlic,


 put some very small pre-scrubbed new potatoes on to boil.



 Fried some speck, with a shallot and some diced tomatoes, by this time the beans and potatoes where done, drained, removed the bouquette garni and added the beans to the speck etc, removed the crushed garlic clove and chopped added this along with the small potatoes cut into quarters, added some EVOO, some steiermark pumpkin seed oil, a slug of redwine vinegar, salt and pepper to taste, gave it all a mix and boy did it taste great.



Mean time put an entrecôte and a lamb leg steak on the BBQ.




 Done them no more than 2 minutes the first side and 1 minute the 2nd. just how I like them, sprinkled a bit of Carolins special salt on them. I took out a bottle of cold Rosé from the fridge. Slice of fresh baked bread, boy was that good.


A nice plate of food

No comments:

Post a Comment