The Storks of Böbs

The Storks of Böbs
A Very Fine Pair

Mamtas Carrot and Tomato soup (I did it my way)


I am doing a bit of pre-prep for next weekend and also a few of trials (Butter chicken, saffron rice)!

This soup is a very smooth soup and due to the fact I added coriander at the end gave it that unmistakable Indian flavour.

Ingrediants:

500gr tomatoes (I used ripe small sweet ones from Aldi)
150gr carrots diced
1/2 a large onion, chopped
White of a leek
1 clove of garlic crushed and diced
1/4 of a globe of cerleriac diced
2 bay leaves
1 tablespoon (it may have been a little more) Ghee
3 large brown cardamoms (increased from mamtas 2 for no other reason than I like the taste of it)
4 cloves
500 ml vegetable stock (Marigold)
1/2 a grated nutmeg (I think that should equate to a 1/2 a teaspoon)
a few turns of fresh milled pepper
1 bunch of fresh corriander including stalks
1 teaspoon of tomato pureé


Method



Chop onions, carrots, celeriac, leek, half tomatoes, melt Ghee in a large deep frying pan, add the onions, leek and garlic, soften, add the dry spices, add the cerleriac, carrots and tomatos and fry until the tomatoes soften and skin goes wrinkly (bit like mine).

The Ghee

The onions, tomatoes and celeriac

Add the stock, on with the lid and turn the heat down to a simmer and off I went to get some fresh Asparagus for the main course.


After about 1/2 hour, on my return (I also had to have a look how the game in the fields was doing)
I removed bay leaves and cardamom pods, blitzed with my puree stick thingy me bob! I added the bunch of coriander (removed only the roots) and blitzed once again.
Tasted. It didn't need any Salt, just a couple of turns of pepper, it was sweet enough so no sugar.
I am sure it will go down a bomb with my guests, once again a big thank you to Mamta, she always pulls it off, wonderful.


Ready for the freezer after taking 2 portions out.

1 comment:

  1. That looks so tasty, Richard.
    Your blog's shaping up nicely too I see.

    ReplyDelete